This particular dish came during extreme stress, a time when I had more than one long paper to write and it was well past midnight when I started cooking it….. Well that’s college.
- 19 oz can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 c fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 c extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 1/2 lbs broccoli florets
- 1 lb rigatoni
- 5 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 c grated parmesan
1. Combine chickpeas, 1/2 c oil, lemon juice.
5. Add broccoli, cook until tender (5 min).
Recipe from Best of Best Vol. 9
(More specifically Brunch– Marc Meyer and Peter Meehan)