Twitter is a really fun way to record thoughts that you forget about!
- What was that song did I sing at Karaoke?
- Oh yea, it was Videophone. And I didn’t know any of the lyrics so I laughed the whole time.
- An Asian Captain America literally tried to beat me up.
- I suggested we go outside, implying I have a black belt in jujitsu or something.
- His friend convened and I commented on the peace and good in people. Bless them, right?
The tweets no longer exist, much like the actual memory of the moment. One tweet that is still there is something that subconsciously influenced this post, I watched a video about biscuits. It was cool. And then I made these. Thanks Ina!!!
BUTTERMILK CHEDDAR BISCUITS
- ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1 TBS BAKING POWDER
- 1 1/2 tsp KOSHER SALT
- 12 TBS (1 1/2 STICKS) COLD UNSALTED BUTTER, DICED
- 1/2 C COLD BUTTERMILK, SHAKEN
- 1 COLD XL EGG
- 1 C GRATED EXTRA-SHARP CHEDDAR
- 1 EGG BEATEN W/ 1 TBS WATER OR MILK
- preheat oven to 425 F.
- using electric mixer combine 2 c flour, baking powder, salt. Add butter on low. Mix until butter is pea sized.
- combine buttermilk+egg in measuring cup with a fork. quickly add to flour mixture until moistened.
- in small bowl mix Cheddar with handful of flour, then add cheese to the dough- mix only until roughly combined.
- knead dough 5-6 times, getting all the loose dough incorporated.
- slap onto a well floured surface and roll it out into a 5×10 rectangle. (or whatever)
- cut with a knife into whatever you feel like, 8 rectangles, or biscuit penises, or whatever.
- put the pieces on parchment lined cookie sheet and brush with egg wash (1 egg+ 1 tbs water).
- sprinkle with sea salt and Cheddar cheese. Bake for 20-25 min.
*Do 1-8 at night and 9 in the morning for super unhealthy and yummy breakfast!
Recipe from Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics– Ina Garten